After graduating with honors from Temple University, Lauren moved to Santiago, Chile where she lived and worked for several years before beginning at Rutgers Law School. Lauren’s desire to focus her studies on antidiscrimination laws and issues surrounding workers’ rights earned her a place in the Social Justice Scholar program there, an elite scholarship program for students committed to public service and social justice.
Upon completing her first year at Rutgers, Lauren secured a prestigious Peggy Browning Fund Fellowship at Justice at Work (formerly Friends of Farmworkers) for the summer of 2018. Then, during Lauren’s second year at Rutgers, she externed for the Honorable L. Felipe Restrepo of the Third Circuit. That same year, Lauren participated in the Hunter Moot Court competition at Rutgers, winning both the oral argument and an award for best brief. She was also a member of one of the Law School’s journals and was active in the campus clinics, working directly with clients in addition to assisting other students and staff attorneys with Spanish translation and interpretation services.
Lauren joined Schall & Barasch LLC as a Law Clerk during the summer of 2019 and continued working at the firm part-time throughout her final year of law school. In October 2020, Lauren became an Associate with the firm after having taken the New Jersey bar exam.
Lauren lives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with her husband.
- National Employment Lawyers Association.
- National Employment Lawyers Association/New Jersey.
- JD, Rutgers Law School, 2020.
- BA, Temple University, 2013.
- National Association of Women Lawyers Outstanding Law Student Award for showing promise to contribute to the advancement of women in the legal community and in society through academic achievement, motivation, tenacity and drive, 2020.
- Dean’s Pro Bono Publico Award recognizing graduating students for exceptional service (at least 100 volunteer hours), 2020.
- Oral Argument Winner and Best Brief for Defendant/Appellee in the Rutgers Law School Hunter Moot Court Appellate Advocacy Program, 2019.
- State of New Jersey Joint Legislative Resolution in recognition of dedication to workplace justice, 2018.
- Peggy Browning Fund Summer Fellow, Justice at Work (formerly Friends of Farmworkers), 2018.
- Social Justice Scholar, Rutgers Law School, 2017-2020.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Courts of the State of New Jersey, 2021.
- US District Court – New Jersey, 2021