From June, 2010 to June, 2013, Ms. Barasch served as President of the National Employment Lawyers Association, the preeminent organization of plaintiffs’ employment lawyers in the United States, with over 3,000 attorney members. She currently continues to serve as Immediate Past President of the National Employment Lawyers Association. In addition, since 2014, she has served as President of the Employee Rights Advocacy Institute for Law & Policy.
In every year since 2005, she has been named by her peers to the list of “Super Lawyers” in New Jersey in the field of employment litigation-plaintiff. Staunch advocate for employee rights on both the state and national level, Patricia Barasch has helped to build Schall & Barasch into one of the preeminent plaintiffs’ employment-rights law firms in the State. Throughout her nearly 20-year career, she has represented employees in cases involving all types of unfair and illegal employment practices including claims involving race, sex, age, and disability discrimination, reasonable accommodation, the Family Medical Leave Act, wrongful termination, breach of contract, retaliation and non-compete agreements.
Ms. Barasch has won a number of trial victories against some of the largest corporations in the State of New Jersey, including PSEG, Raytheon and Harrah’s Casino Hotel. Along with partner Richard Schall, she served as the attorney for the plaintiff in the landmark case Maw v. Advanced Clinical Communications, Inc. (ultimately decided by the Supreme Court), challenging an employer’s right to fire an employee simply because she refused to sign an overbroad non-compete agreement. Along with partner Richard Schall, Ms. Barasch successfully brought the case of Seiden v. Marina Associates, the very first case in the State of New Jersey to clearly address the proper legal framework for analyzing reasonable accommodation/disability discrimination cases.
In 2012, along with her partner Richard Schall, Ms. Barasch served as the editor of the “Library of New Jersey Employment Forms,” published by the New Jersey Law Journal.
In 2006, South Jersey Magazine chose Ms. Barasch as one of the region’s top ten women business leaders. According to the magazine and women’s organizations which nominated her, Patricia “…personifies diligence, success, diversity of talent and philanthropic spirit that characterizes an outstanding business leader.”
In 2002-, Ms. Barasch was selected as one of New Jersey’s “Top 40 Lawyers Under 40” by New Jersey Law Journal.
She is a 1993 graduate of the Cornell University School of Law and
Patricia Barasch lives in Marlton, New Jersey with her husband and two children.
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- State of New Jersey Roster of Mediators for Civil, General Equity and Probate Cases
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association/ New Jersey
- JD, Cornell University School of Law, 1993
- BA, Wesleyan University, 1987
- Immediate Past President, National Employment Lawyers Association, 2013 – present.
- President, National Employment Lawyers Association, 2010 – 2013.
- First Vice-President, National Employment Lawyers Association, 2006 – 2010.
- Executive Board Member, National Employment Lawyers Association, 2004 – 2013.
- President, The Employee Rights Advocacy Institute for Law & Policy, 2014 – present.
- New Jersey Office of Attorney Ethics Fee Arbitration Committee, 2005 – 2008.
- Top Attorney, SJ Magazine, 2013
- Super Lawyer for Employment Litigation: Plaintiff, NJ Monthly Magazine, 2005 – 2014
- Outstanding Business Woman, South Jersey Magazine, 2006.
- One of NJ’s Top Labor/Employment Attorney in South Jersey, SJ Magazine, 2003.
- Top 40 lawyers under 40, New Jersey Law Journal, 2002.
- Professional Achievement Award for Young Lawyers, Division of the New Jersey Bar Association, 2000.
- Top 50 Female Super Lawyers, New Jersey Monthly, 2005-2007
Bar and Court Admissions
- US Supreme Court, 2002
- US Supreme Court, 2002
- US District Court- Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1998
- US Court of Appeals- Third Circuit, 1994
- US District Court – New Jersey, 1993
- Courts of the State of New Jersey, 1993
- Courts of the State of Pennsylvania, 1993
* In every year since 2014, the law firm of Schall & Barasch has been included in the Tier 1 list of best law firms in New Jersey practicing in the field of employment law on behalf of individuals. This list is compiled by U.S. News & World Report. A description of the selection methodology can be found at www.bestlawfirms.usnews.com/methodology.aspx.
** The methodology for the Avvo ratings of Richard Schall and Patricia Barasch can be found at www.avvo.com/support/avvo_rating.
*** In every year since 2009, Richard Schall has been chosen to be included on the list of Best Lawyers in New Jersey practicing in the field of labor and employment law. The Best Lawyers list is issued by Best Lawyers International. A description of the selection methodology can be found at www.bestlawyers.com/about/MethodologyBasic.aspx.
**** In every year since 2005, both Patricia Barasch and Richard Schall have been chosen to be included on the list of Super Lawyers in New Jersey practicing in the field of employment law on behalf of plaintiffs. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.
No aspect of these advertisements has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.