Employee Rights Attorneys in New Jersey
Employee rights attorneys and founding partners
Richard Schall and Patricia Barasch have dedicated the entirety of their careers to advancing the cause of employee rights both in New Jersey and throughout the United States. From June, 2010 to June, 2013, Ms. Barasch served as President of the National Employment Lawyers Association. This preeminent organization of plaintiffs’ employment lawyers in the United States has over 3,000 attorney members. Mr. Schall is a past-president of the National Employment Lawyers Association/New Jersey.
Every year since 2005, they have been selected by their peers to the list of “Super Lawyers” in New Jersey in the field of employment litigation-plaintiff. Most recently, they were chosen to serve as the editors of the New Jersey Law Journal’s new book, The Library of New Jersey Employment Law Firms.
With over 50 years of combined experience, Mr. Schall and Ms. Barasch litigate employment discrimination cases on behalf individual employees in the federal and state courts in New Jersey, on both the trial and appellate level.
- They negotiate enhanced severance packages for employees at all levels of the workforce – from customer service rep to CEO.
- They serve as guides and counselors to employees in protecting their rights in the workplace in the following areas:
- rights involving age, race, and sex discrimination
- sexual harassment
- disability discrimination and reasonable accommodation
- non-compete agreements
- breach of contract
- employee benefits
- retaliation and whistle-blowing
- overtime pay
- wrongful termination
- the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Schall & Barasch Guiding Principles
From its inception, the firm of Schall & Barasch has been guided by the following set of principles:
- We believe that in order to provide the highest quality representation in this ever-changing, complex area of the law, we must concentrate on one and only one area of practice – employment litigation.
- We believe that if employees are to successfully take the largest corporations and law firms in the State of New Jersey, they must have lawyers who are highly trained, highly experienced, and completely focused on the protection of employee rights.
- We believe that the relationship between lawyer and client is a special one requiring trust, commitment and sensitivity. We are dedicated to fostering such a relationship with all our clients.
What Our Clients Say
News & Resources
Congratulations to Richard Schall on being named a “Lawyer of the Year” by BestLawyers.com. Richard was selected by his peers for his work in Employment
Richard Schall agues against forced arbitration before the New Jersey Supreme Court