Employee Rights Attorneys in New Jersey
Employee rights attorneys and founding partners
Richard Schall and Patricia Barasch have dedicated the entirety of their careers to advancing the cause of employee rights both in New Jersey and throughout the United States. From June, 2010 to June, 2013, Ms. Barasch served as President of the National Employment Lawyers Association. This preeminent organization of plaintiffs’ employment lawyers in the United States has over 3,000 attorney members. Mr. Schall is a past-president of the National Employment Lawyers Association/New Jersey.
Every year since 2005, they have been selected by their peers to the list of “Super Lawyers” in New Jersey in the field of employment litigation-plaintiff. Most recently, they were chosen to serve as the editors of the New Jersey Law Journal’s new book, The Library of New Jersey Employment Law Firms.
With over 50 years of combined experience, Mr. Schall and Ms. Barasch litigate employment discrimination cases on behalf individual employees in the federal and state courts in New Jersey, on both the trial and appellate level.
- They negotiate enhanced severance packages for employees at all levels of the workforce – from customer service rep to CEO.
- They serve as guides and counselors to employees in protecting their rights in the workplace in the following areas:
- rights involving age, race, and sex discrimination
- sexual harassment
- disability discrimination and reasonable accommodation
- non-compete agreements
- breach of contract
- employee benefits
- retaliation and whistle-blowing
- overtime pay
- wrongful termination
- the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Schall & Barasch Guiding Principles
From its inception, the firm of Schall & Barasch has been guided by the following set of principles:
- We believe that in order to provide the highest quality representation in this ever-changing, complex area of the law, we must concentrate on one and only one area of practice – employment litigation.
- We believe that if employees are to successfully take the largest corporations and law firms in the State of New Jersey, they must have lawyers who are highly trained, highly experienced, and completely focused on the protection of employee rights.
- We believe that the relationship between lawyer and client is a special one requiring trust, commitment and sensitivity. We are dedicated to fostering such a relationship with all our clients.
* In every year since 2014, the law firm of Schall & Barasch has been included in the Tier 1 list of best law firms in New Jersey practicing in the field of employment law on behalf of individuals. This list is compiled by U.S. News & World Report. A description of the selection methodology can be found at www.bestlawfirms.usnews.com/methodology.aspx.
** The methodology for the Avvo ratings of Richard Schall and Patricia Barasch can be found at www.avvo.com/support/avvo_rating.
*** In every year since 2009, Richard Schall has been chosen to be included on the list of Best Lawyers in New Jersey practicing in the field of labor and employment law. The Best Lawyers list is issued by Best Lawyers International. A description of the selection methodology can be found at www.bestlawyers.com/about/MethodologyBasic.aspx.
**** In every year since 2005, both Patricia Barasch and Richard Schall have been chosen to be included on the list of Super Lawyers in New Jersey practicing in the field of employment law on behalf of plaintiffs. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.
No aspect of these advertisements has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.